Now, another dessert coming right in time for Summer.. Who doesn’t love the Banana Split? Well… honestly, I don’t. I don’t like bananas and I’m not a huge fan of ice cream. But PLEASE don’t let that stop you from trying this amazing recipe I have found. Just because I don’t like bananas doesn’t mean that my family dislikes them too. And this No Bake Banana Split Pie was a huge hit in my house. My husband and our two kids absolutely loved this pie!
Since I don’t eat Banana Splits, I had to do some research on how the Banana Split became so popular. I had no idea that this widely loved dessert was created in Latrobe, Pennsylvania! And well most of you probably don’t know that I currently live in Pittsburgh, Pa and it’s not very far away from here. I also learned that it was created by a 23 year old named David Evans Strickler who was an apprentice pharmacist. He created the Banana Split in 1904 using the stores soda fountain, and it only cost 10 cents, twice the price of all other sundaes!!
Anyways, back to the No Bake Banana Split Pie before I bore you all. Here’s what you need to make it.
1 package Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 1/2 cup Milk
16 oz Cool Whip
2 sliced Bananas
1 cup Pineapple Tidbits, drained
1 cup diced Strawberries
1 prepared Chocolate Pie Crust
1. Place a layer of sliced bananas on pie crust.
2. Mix pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Stir until it begins to thicken.
3. Whisk in 8 oz Cool Whip to incorporate and then add diced strawberries and pineapples
4. Spoon mixture into crust and refrigerate for at least several hours.
5. Top with remaining Cool Whip and drizzle with chocolate syrup and crushed nuts.