I don’t know about you, but when I was younger I absolutely loved Bomb Pops. It was the perfect cold treat to have in the Summer. Now as a mother I find myself buying these for my kids, and occasionally I’ll take one for myself and enjoy it with them!
But sometimes, grown ups need well… Grown up drinks. And what’s better than an adult drink that brings up happy childhood memories, and tastes amazing? Nothing, I can’t think of one thing. Beware, these go down super easy!
What you need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4-6 cups ice
- 4 ounces blue raspberry vodka
- 3 ounces cherry vodka
What to do:
- To make a simple syrup, combine sugar and water and heat in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves. Cool completely in refrigerator.
- In a blender add clear vodka, lime juice, 2 ounces simple syrup, and 1½ cups of ice; blend on high until it reaches a “slush like” consistency, adding more ice if necessary. Pour into a container and place in the freezer.
- Next, in the blender add blue raspberry vodka, 2 ounces simple syrup, and 1½ cups of ice; blend on high until desired consistency is reached, and pour into a container and place in freezer.
- Then, in the blender add cherry vodka, 2 ounces simple syrup, and 1½ cups of ice; blend until desired consistency is reached and place into a container and place in freezer.
- Let chill in freezer until ready to use.
- To “assemble” drink layers, spoon some of the blue in the bottom of a glass, then white, then red on top.
** You may add less or more alcohol to taste.
** If needed add more ice to each layer.
** You can freeze this until it’s ready to use, but the consistency will change a bit.
** To make a faster simple syrup: place sugar and water in a sealed container and shake well until sugar is dissolved.
Like the glass in the picture? You can buy it on Amazon!
Anchor Hocking Footed Hurricane Cocktail Glass - 15 oz